Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Our Schoolroom 2010-11

Not Back to School Blog Hop

We moved across country this summer, so I had to get unpacked, get organized, and get my new schoolroom all set up. Our new house has an eating area off the kitchen and a separate dining room, so that became our new schoolroom. I changed our workboxes to the plastic drawer storage stands from Target to save space. You can read about how we use workboxes here. Enjoy the pictures!

The far left wall has shelves with learning toys and games. Our new workboxes are under the whiteboard. In the middle of our work table is a green bucket with different compartments for pencils, crayons, glue sticks, and scissors.

My 2-year-old, Brooke, was doing puzzles while I took this picture. The left wall is our new morning calendar wall, which I'll write another post about soon.

Our tall bookshelves on the back wall hold our curriculum, reading books, puzzles, and supplies for science, math, art, etc. On the right wall is my desk. Underneath and on the side of it are big plastic bins of other supplies, activities, and files.

Here is Joshua's new workbox stand. I stacked a 3-drawer stand on top of the 7-drawer stand so he could have more drawers. When he completes a box, he takes off the number and puts it into the box. The bin on top is his "done box" where he puts all his completed work.

This is Ella's workbox stand. Brooke has a stand too because I thought she might want to start doing Tot School for fun.
Thanks for stopping by!
  Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Nice twist on the workboxes. And I am so jealous of all your space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! WHAT and AWESOME idea!!!
    I've never heard of tis box idea before; its such a great idea! We haven't started homeschooling yet, next year we start for kindergarden. I'm so happy I stumbled on your blog!

    ReplyDelete